AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Car Accidents
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Construction Accidents
- Burns, Explosions & Electrocutions
- Workers’ Compensation
From start to finish I had a great experience. The insurance company tried to offer me a pittance to settle my claim. The would not listen to me – but they sure listened to Dianne!
I would recommend Dianne Sawaya to anyone.
Dianne Sawaya was born and raised in Denver, which makes helping the people of Denver that much more special to her. She first knew she wanted to be a lawyer when she read the iconic Family Circus cartoon showing the little girl saying, “When I grow up, I don’t want to be a lady – I want to be a lawyer!” And that’s exactly what she did. But while the cartoon-inspired her as a child, it was her drive to help people and her advocacy skills that led her to the law.
Dianne attended the University of Colorado in Boulder, where she was a pre-medicine student and where she received her bachelor’s degree. She received her Juris Doctor from the prestigious University of Denver College of Law. While attending law school, she also worked as a law clerk for a Denver District Court judge.
Dianne is licensed to practice law in Colorado and the District of Columbia – Colorado district courts, U.S. district courts in Colorado and Washington, D.C., and U.S. courts of appeals in Colorado and Washington. Her legal career has even extended to the halls of Congress and a wide range of state legislatures, and she has served as an elected representative in Washington, D.C.
She devotes her law practice to victims of car, motorcycle and truck accidents, to those injured on the job, and to those who have been harmed by the negligence or carelessness of others. She has practiced law for more than 30 years, and has devoted 25 of those years to achieving personal injury settlements for accident victims.
Dianne’s desire to bring a more personal, compassionate approach to her work as a Denver personal injury lawyer led her to found The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya. After all, they call it “personal injury” for a reason – you’re injured, and it’s personal. Her commitment to providing personal attention and services tailored for each client has made her the most visible female personal injury lawyer in Denver.
Her college pre-med studies and years working in personal injury law help Dianne truly understand what her clients are coping with. Her medical knowledge allows her to communicate clearly with treating doctors and medical professionals, as well as explain to clients the complicated medical issues and procedures they may be facing.
Dianne is passionate about bringing to bear everything her team of attorneys, paralegals and staff has to offer to achieve the best outcome for her clients. She values the trust her clients place in her, and her ability to achieve results far greater than other personal injury lawyers is shown by her membership in the exclusive national Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Dianne is a founding member of The National Academy of Motorcycle Injury Lawyers (NAMIL) and is a published author.
When she’s not working for her clients, Dianne cheers on Denver’s sports teams – go Broncos, Avs and Nuggets! She loves exploring everything Denver has to offer – this is Dianne’s city. There is a great Lebanese restaurant with an unmistakable ambience that she frequents, and she would eat Italian every day of the week if she could. She strives to shop and eat local, always wanting to invest in the Denver community.
To relax and unwind, she watches her favorite television shows – Andy of Mayberry and Anthony Bordain. Dianne couldn’t tell you how many times she’s seen her favorite films – Seabiscuit and Rocky.
- 20% of practice devoted to litigation
- Colorado, 1981
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1988
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, 1980. J.D.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1976. B.A. Major: Pre-Medicine
- The American University, Beirut, Lebanon, 1974
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Vice-Chair, Administrative Law Subcommittee on Women and Minority Participation, 1989-1990)
- District of Columbia Advisory Neighborhood Commission (Commissioner 1988-1993)
- PILMMA – Rhodium Member
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocated Forum
- The National Academy of Motorcycle Injury Lawyers (Founding Member)
- JC Penney Corp., Staff Attorney
- National Housewares Manufacturers Assn., Consulting Attorney
- Sawaya, Rose & Sawaya, P.C., Partner
- “Fighting for Justice: Insights from America’s Premier Personal Injury Attorneys” Author.
- “Your Legal Guide to Motorcycle Injury Compensation” Author.
- “The Role of Local Government in Mineral Development.” Co-Author, Proceedings: 28th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Journal.