Click to navigate this page:Toggle
When an Injury Disrupts Your Life
Being injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another person or entity can leave your life altered in so many ways. You may no longer be able to live your life the way you have in the past—and the way you still want to. Consulting with a Fort Collins personal injury attorney from the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya is the first step toward recovery. Your injuries may affect your ability to do your job, resulting in lost income and financial hardship. These financial losses can be difficult to recover from, leaving you uncertain about your future.
Your relationships can also be changed as a result of your injuries. Not only are your injuries and the limitations they impose frustrating for you, but they can also be frustrating for those you love. You may find yourself unable to engage on a social and emotional level as you did prior to your accident and injuries. Your injuries could be so bad that they leave you bedridden, and unable to engage in the normal active lifestyle you had prior to the accident.
Many individuals who have been through a devastating personal injury find themselves depressed and anxious, perhaps even experiencing PTSD. Your personal injury attorney will take all these issues into account when determining what your claim is worth, then will fight for a fair and full settlement. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya know that you need financial compensation to recover from your injuries, but that you also need more. We can help you find the resources you need to get you on the road to recovery.
Helping the injured in Colorado for over 25 years.
Do you have a case? Get your free case review now.
When we take your case, you are our priority.
Where Can I Turn for Help When I’ve Suffered a Personal Injury?
When you need experienced, highly skilled assistance following a personal injury accident, you need the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya. Attorney Dianne Sawaya and her legal team are ready to help you through this difficult time in your life. We offer highly personalized service to each and every client. We fully understand that not only has your physical and mental health been altered, but your financial health may also be extremely shaky due to your accident. At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we provide the following to our clients:
- Smart, aggressive, compassionate representation
- More than 200 positive Google Review
- No recovery, no attorney fees
- 100% free consultations—always
- Assistance in getting you the medical treatments you need for your recovery
- A commitment to maximizing your settlement
Attorney Dianne Sawaya has been helping people in the same position for over two decades. Those who have suffered an accident with injuries through no fault of their own can benefit from having a strong legal advocate from the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya by their side from start to finish.
About Fort Collins, Colorado
Fort Collins is a home rule municipality with a population of about 170,000, making it the fourth most populated city in the state of Colorado. Fort Collins is situated on the Cache La Poudre River, about 56 miles north of Denver. As a midsize college town, Fort Collins is home to Colorado State University and Front Range Community College’s Larimer campus.
The growth of the city of Fort Collins—like all cities—has led to more injuries, including injuries from, dog bites, semi-truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and car accidents. Personal injuries can touch anyone at any place in the United States. If you are the victim of a personal injury, caused by the negligence of another individual or entity, Fort Collins personal injury attorney, Dianne Sawaya, can help you get your life back on track.
Do I Really Need a Fort Collins Personal Injury Attorney If I’ve Been Injured?
If you’ve been involved in a Fort Collins accident that was caused by a negligent party and has left you injured, you may wonder whether you need a Fort Collins personal injury attorney. While you can (legally) represent yourself in a personal injury claim, there are definite downsides to that decision. Perhaps most importantly, insurance companies will do everything in their power to pay you less than your claim is worth if you are representing yourself. You could also inadvertently say something to an insurance adjuster that could damage your claim, or you could be unaware of what your claim is really worth. The reasons to have an experienced Fort Collins personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya are many, including:
- Your personal injury lawyer knows how to clearly show that the accident was due to the negligence of another individual or entity.
- If your injuries are serious, perhaps requiring months or longer away from work, your personal injury lawyer will know how to accurately determine what you deserve for future medical expenses and future lost wages.
- You have tried to handle your own claim and the insurance company has either denied your claim outright, has offered you a lowball settlement amount, or is delaying payment. Any of these issues require the services of a knowledgeable Fort Collins personal injury attorney.
- The insurance company simply refuses to negotiate with you. Insurance companies gain immediate respect for a well-represented client. They are much less likely to refuse to negotiate when you have a strong legal advocate in your corner. Further, most people who are legally represented receive a much larger settlement amount.
- You have let a significant amount of time pass following your accident and are just now realizing that your injuries are more severe than you realized. If this is the case, you definitely need a personal injury attorney who can determine whether you are still within the statutes of limitations, then file a personal injury claim on your behalf.
How Long Will It Take for My Personal Injury Claim to Settle?
The answer to this question depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding your claim. The statute of limitations for an auto accident in Colorado is 3 years, but most cases settle before that deadline. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate or will not pay a reasonable amount for your claim, your attorney may file a lawsuit against the insurer. If your claim goes to trial, you could be looking at from one to two years until settlement, although the case can settle at any time, right up until it is time for a verdict from the jury or judge.
How Long After My Personal Injury Claim Settles Will I Receive Payment?
Once your Fort Collins accident attorney has negotiated a fair, full settlement on your behalf, and you have signed off on it, the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya will make every effort to get you your settlement check as soon as possible.
How a Fort Collins Personal Injury Attorney from the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Can Help
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Fort Collins accident through no fault of your own, you need help—and you need it quickly. A Fort Collins personal injury attorney from The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya is ready to help you through the process from start to finish. We understand that most people have no idea about how to proceed with a personal injury claim.
We also know that you need and deserve a settlement amount that fully covers your injuries, along with your pain and suffering and any other damages you may have sustained. We represent those who have been injured through the negligence of another person or entity—and we will represent you aggressively as well. To begin your road to recovery, contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya.