Thornton Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Attorney in Thornton, CO
As a resident of Thornton, CO, and you have been injured as a result of another’s negligence then you are well aware of how disheartening it can be to find yourself facing the aftermath of an accident that was not your fault. You may be dealing with medical expenses, weeks, months, or years of medical procedures and rehabilitative therapies, and perhaps the inability to return to work and make a living. Since the majority of civil litigation cases are made up of personal injury lawsuits, it can be extremely beneficial to have a Thornton personal injury attorney by your side, from start to finish.
A personal injury claim arises when the negligence of another person or entity results in harm/injury to another person. As an example, car accidents (the top cause of personal injury claims) often occur because one driver acted carelessly or negligently. Other types of personal injury claims include, auto accidents, slip and fall/trip and fall, dog bites or animal attacks, construction accidents, defective products, dangerous or defective medical devices, and wrongful deaths.
According to the CDC, each year, around 31 million people in the U.S. are injured seriously enough to require medical treatment. Of those, approximately 2 million will require hospitalization, and about 162,000 of those injuries will be fatal. If you should ever find yourself in such a situation, you need strong legal help, and you need it quickly. You do not want to find yourself injured, unable to work, and unable to convince an insurance company to pay you the money you are entitled to receive.
Why Choose Thornton Personal Injury Attorney Dianne Sawaya?
Undoubtably, being injured through no fault of your own is not something you expect. It can be a traumatic, difficult experience to go through, particularly if you are going through it on your own. Your injuries may require weeks, months, years, or a lifetime of healing and treatments. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could be left with a permanent disability—perhaps one that would keep you from ever returning to work.
When you are left feeling as though you have nowhere to turn, we hope you will consider the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya. Dianne Sawaya and her team help people in similar situations as you, virtually every day. At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we consistently go above and beyond for our clients because we know you have many different Thornton personal injury attorney choices. We believe, however, that the outcome of your personal injury claim is strongly influenced by your choice of attorney and their team.
At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we are smart, aggressive, and compassionate. We will work hard to maximize the settlement you deserve. Our initial consultation is always 100 percent free and if there is no recovery, you pay nothing. We will also help you obtain the medical treatment you need to get your life back on track. We understand what a difficult, emotional time this is for you and are ready to help you in any and every way possible.
Auto Accidents as a Primary Cause of Thornton Personal Injury Claims
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of personal injury claims in the United States. According to the Colorado DOT, motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death in the state of Colorado. In 2018, there were 118,842 total vehicle collisions, with 11,668 total injuries, 2,884 of which were considered very serious. The vast majority of auto accidents are preventable, in that virtually all auto accidents are caused by human error. This human error can come in the form of distracted driving, impaired driving, or reckless driving. While inclement weather or a road hazard that caused an accident may not seem like human error accidents, in many cases they are.
If a driver is driving too fast for the road conditions or is not paying attention to the road, and fails to see a hazard in the road, then the cause of the accident is still human error. While sometimes an accident is just that—an accident—other times, a driver’s negligence, carelessness, or recklessness caused the collision. Having a strong Thornton personal injury attorney like Dianne Sawaya fighting for your rights and your future can make all the difference in whether you receive an equitable settlement for your injuries and other damages.
Types of Personal Injury Claims the Law Firm of Dianne Sawaya Can Assist You With
Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, large commercial truck accidents, bus accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents all fall under the “umbrella” of auto accidents. There are other common types of personal injury claims, including the following:
- Auto accidents happen every single day in Thornton, some with critical injuries. In these cases, it is paramount to speak with an experienced attorney to protect your future.
- Premise liability claims arise when a hazard on another’s property leads to injury. The property can be public or private, so long as the injured individual was not trespassing on private property. One of the primary types of premise liability claims involves slip and fall accidents that cause injury.
- Wrongful death claims have the same elements as a personal injury claim, but the injuries result in death. In the state of Colorado, close relatives are allowed to file a wrongful death claim. Like a personal injury claim, the claimants can be awarded medical expenses, lost wages, and lost future wages. They may also be able to collect funeral expenses, loss of guidance and care (for the children of the deceased), loss of consortium (spouse), and possibly other damages as well.
- Dog bites or other animal attacks that occur when an individual is either on public property or on private property as a guest.
- Construction accidents are relatively common on construction sites. If a construction worker is injured as a result of a lack of safety procedures onsite, or defective equipment, the worker may be entitled to file a personal injury claim. Other individuals injured on a construction site (who are on site for a legitimate purpose or passing by the site in a public area), may also be entitled to file a personal injury claim for injuries. Falling objects on a construction site are a common cause of injuries, as are falls from scaffolding, ladders, or other elevated areas.
What Does a Thornton Personal Injury Attorney Do?
Hiring a Thornton personal injury attorney can be beneficial in many ways, including the following:
- Your personal injury attorney will carefully evaluate your claim, explain the process, answer any questions you may have, and tell you what you can expect.
- Your attorney will act quickly to preserve evidence that might otherwise be lost.
- Identification of witnesses will be made quickly, preserving any information they may have.
- Your personal injury attorney will deal with the insurance company and will prepare and file all legal documents required.
- Your case will carefully be built by your attorney, including gathering evidence, subpoenaing witnesses, taking depositions, and gathering all documents.
- When expert witnesses are required to fully prove your claim, your attorney will provide that service with respected experts.
- Legal strategies will be crafted and executed that prove the value of your claim.
- If your case goes to trial, your personal injury attorney will conduct the trial on your behalf, including jury selection, opening statements, direct and cross-examination of witnesses, the introduction of evidence, and much more.
Attorney Dianne Sawaya does all of this and more on behalf of her clients. She will carefully identify your needs and legal rights, executing a plan to achieve legal justice for you and your future.
Do I Really Need a Thornton Personal Injury Attorney?
When you consider all the many services provided by a personal injury attorney—and what your claim will look like without those services—you absolutely need an experienced legal advocate by your side. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya will ensure you get your case right the first time and will work hard to maximize your compensation. Insurance companies immediately have more respect for those who are well-represented. Dianne Sawaya will ensure there is attention given to even the smallest detail of your claim with the goal of the very best outcome possible.
How Can the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Help with Your Thornton, CO Personal Injury Claim?
No matter what type of personal injury you have suffered, Dianne Sawaya can help. You should not face this difficult time on your own. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya understand that you and your family need help and are ready and able to provide that help. We want you to be able to heal following your accident with injuries, without worrying about dealing with a uncooperative insurance company. We will work with doctors and other professionals to ensure you receive the medical treatments you need to get back on your feet. Our legal team takes a personal, compassionate approach to personal injury law. Further, we stay in constant communication with you every step of the way as we fight aggressively for your rights and your future. Contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya today.