Westminster Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Attorney in Westminster, CO
There were 97.9 million ER visits for unintentional injuries and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries in 2018, per the CDC. There were 173,040 deaths from unintentional injuries the same year, with 39,443 of those deaths from unintentional falls and 37,595 from auto accidents. When a death is caused by a preventable injury, it can be called a wrongful death. If the accident results in injury but not death and is caused by the negligence of another, it can result in a personal injury claim. If you are the victim of a personal injury, it can be beneficial to speak to a Westminster, CO personal injury attorney.
Not only can it be extremely difficult to fight an insurance company while dealing with your injuries and expenses, but there are also other issues related to your accident with injuries that you may not even be aware of. As an example, there are statutes of limitations in place in every state that govern the amount of time you have in which to file your claim. In the state of Colorado, the circumstances of your injury can potentially affect the time you have to file your claim. If your injuries are the result of medical malpractice, your window of time differs from your time if your injuries are the result of a car accident.
Why Choose Westminster, CO Personal Injury Attorney Dianne Sawaya
When you are left with serious injuries following an accident caused by the negligence of another, you may be experiencing anxiety, stress, frustration, and even anger. You may be drowning in debt from medical expenses and from your inability to work. You could even find yourself left with a permanent disability that may prevent you from working for a very long time. The legal team at the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya provides a level of commitment rarely seen as we work hard to ensure you receive the medical treatments you need to heal from your injuries.
After ensuring you receive the medical treatments you need, we will fight aggressively to ensure you receive the settlement you deserve as well. While money will not make everything right, it will help you get back on your feet. If we are unable to secure a settlement on your behalf, you owe us nothing. Our attorneys are smart, compassionate, and aggressive when seeking full compensation for your injuries. With more than 200 positive Google reviews, we are the law firm that believes in you, in your family, and in your future. We offer a free consultation and will always seek to maximize the settlement you need and deserve.
What Are Other Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims?
If you are wondering what the different types of personal injury claims are, here are the categories of personal injury claims most often seen:
- Auto accidents are, by and large, the most common source of personal injury claims. When a negligent driver causes an accident, he or she is responsible for the resulting injuries. Auto accidents include accidents involving passenger vehicles, trucks, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians. Those who drive a motorcycle or bicycle, along with pedestrians, are far more likely to be severely injured in an accident with an automobile. There is simply little to no protection for motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. This vulnerable group has no safety belts, no airbags, and no glass and steel “cage” to protect them from harm. Motorcyclists and bicyclists may wear a helmet, which certainly helps protect against traumatic brain injury, but otherwise have no protections.
- Construction accidents are another common place where personal injuries occur. Those who work on the construction site, along with those who may be visiting, or simply walking by, can end up with catastrophic injuries following a construction site accident. If the accident is the result of a known hazard or safety issue the foreman or owner of the company failed to properly address, the injured person could have a valid personal injury claim.
- Medical malpractice claims occur when a medical professional fails to act in the same manner as another medical professional would have done, given similar circumstances and similar training. One of the most common reasons for a medical malpractice claim is failure to diagnose a disease. Others include a delayed diagnosis, surgical errors, anesthesia errors, failure to treat, birth injuries, and prescription drug errors.
- When an individual is injured on private or public property, a premises liability claim may be filed against the owner of the property. Owners have an obligation to keep their property free from hazards. If the property is not free from hazards, and the hazard that caused the accident and injuries should have been noted and fixed, the property owner may be liable. Slip and fall claims are the most common type of premises liability claim.
- In the state of Colorado, when an individual is lawfully on public or private property and is attacked by a dog or other animal, the owner of the animal is liable. This is true even if the animal had never displayed violent tendencies up to this point. Dog bites and animal attacks occur more often than you might think and can be particularly devastating when a dog bites a small child in the face.
- One particularly heartbreaking type of personal injury claim occurs when an elderly person in a nursing home or other long-term care facility is the victim of elder abuse or neglect. We want to believe that our elderly loved ones are safe and that they are being taken care of in a kind, thorough manner. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
- When a product causes harm to a consumer, a product liability claim may be filed. Consumers have the right to expect the products they purchase to be both properly designed and properly manufactured. Products must also include thorough instructions for use.
Is My Injury Serious Enough to File a Personal Injury Claim?
If there are any injuries we strongly urge you contact us to discuss your case. If, however, your injuries are serious enough that you will have substantial medical expenses, or you will be off work for a significant amount of time, you definitely may have a valid personal injury claim. It is important to note, however, that in some cases a seemingly minor injury could worsen over time, so it may not be to your advantage to settle your claim quickly.
If the Insurance Company Has Offered to Pay My Medical Bills, Do I Need an Attorney?
As noted above, an insurance company may offer a quick, low settlement. They do this on purpose, knowing your injuries could potentially escalate in the future and they will not be on the hook for those injuries if you have already accepted their original offer. It is simply a fact that early consultation with an experienced Westminster, CO personal injury attorney will help ensure you obtain the maximum recovery allowed under the law. Your personal injury attorney has a solid understanding of what it will take to make you whole following your accident injuries.
How Can the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Help with Your Westminster, CO Personal Injury Claim?
When you hire the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, you have hired more than a personal injury attorney. You have hired a knowledgeable legal team that actually cares about your future. We will explore every option to ensure you receive the medical treatment you need and the financial compensation you deserve. If you have questions about the personal injury process, Dianne Sawaya will answer those questions thoroughly, in an easy-to-understand manner. Attorney Dianne Sawaya is a compassionate, experienced, well-respected Westminster, CO personal injury attorney who will work hard on your behalf. Contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya today!