Personal Injury Attorney in Colorado Springs, CO
A personal injury is any injury caused by the negligence of another individual or entity. A personal injury could arise from a car accident, a construction accident, a slip and fall, medical malpractice, and much more. According to the National Safety Council, there were 173,040 preventable injury-related deaths in 2019, up 3.5 percent from 2018. If you have been the victim of a personal injury, it is important that you speak to a Colorado Springs personal injury attorney as quickly as possible. You should not face an injury that has potentially changed your life on your own.
When the negligence of another individual or entity causes the injury of another, the resulting injuries could be severe enough to result in significant medical expenses and time away from work. If you are unable to work, you may also be unable to pay even your most basic monthly expenses. You may have attempted to handle the claim on your own and are now dealing with an insurance company that is stalling or refusing to pay what your claim is worth. You need help—serious help—in the form of a Colorado Springs personal injury attorney from the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya.
Helping the injured in Colorado for over 25 years.
Do you have a case? Get your free case review now.
When we take your case, you are our priority.
Handling a personal injury claim on your own is rarely a good idea unless there is little damage to your vehicle, you have no injuries, and you have lost no work as the result of the accident. If you have injuries that have left you unable to work, with injuries that could potentially cause you trouble for many months or years to come, this is an entirely different story. You need a strong, experienced, highly-skilled injury attorney from the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya. We understand you have choices when you are choosing a personal injury attorney. We believe you will benefit from choosing attorney Dianne Sawaya and her knowledgeable legal team.
Why Choose Colorado Springs Personal Injury Attorney Dianne Sawaya?
Attorney Dianne Sawaya can help you through this difficult time in your life, handling all insurance negotiations on your behalf, allowing you the time to heal from your injuries. Dianne Sawaya fully understands the trauma that often accompanies a serious accident. You could even be left with a permanent disability, including chronic pain or emotional scars that may never heal.
Add to that, the fact that you may be facing huge medical expenses and could be unable to work and make a living, and you can see why having a compassionate, experienced personal injury attorney like Dianne Sawaya by your side is the best choice you can make. Dianne and her team consistently go above and beyond for every single client, exhibiting a level of commitment that is rare in the legal industry. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya can help you by doing the following:
- We can help you get the medical treatments you need and deserve.
- We will work hard, through negotiations and litigation, when necessary, to secure the settlement you are entitled to receive.
- The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya have more than 150 positive Google reviews.
- We are compassionate to your plight while being aggressive in seeking full compensation for your injuries.
- You owe us nothing if we are unable to reach a settlement on your behalf.
- Your initial consultation is absolutely free.
You could benefit greatly from choosing the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya. When you are searching for an experienced, compassionate, highly-skilled personal injury law firm, we believe the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya is the very best choice. When you need an experienced, knowledgeable personal injury law firm, we believe you will significantly benefit from choosing the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya.
What are the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims?
Auto accidents are far and away the largest contributors to personal injury claims. Auto accidents include those involving cars, pickups, large commercial trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians. Truck accidents have the potential to be extremely deadly since a large commercial truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds—more than twenty times the weight of a passenger vehicle. Passenger vehicle drivers and passengers are often left gravely injured or dead following an accident with a truck.
Motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians are vulnerable as they have little to no protection when hit by a car, pickup, or truck. Other than a helmet (if worn) by a motorcyclist or bicyclist, there are no seatbelts, no airbags, no steel and glass cage to afford them any protection. When hit by a vehicle, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other grave injuries are common among bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians. Other types of personal injury claims include:
- Premises liability claims occur when an individual is on private or public property, receiving injuries as a result of a hazard that the owner has neglected to fix or post a warning about. Slip and fall claims are common in premises liability claims.
- Medical malpractice claims occur when a medical professional does not act in the same manner as another medical professional would have done, given the same circumstances. Medical malpractice can include failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, or surgical mistakes, just to name a few.
- Construction accidents are much more common than most people realize. A construction site is an inherently dangerous place, both for workers and for those who are simply passing through. Construction accidents can cause serious, even fatal, injuries.
- Dog attacks can be devastating for the victims, who are often children and the elderly. Colorado law states that if a person is lawfully on public or private property, the animal’s owner is liable for any injuries regardless of whether it showed violent tendencies prior to the attack or bite.
- Product liability claims occur when a consumer purchases a product that causes injury, whether from a faulty design, a problem during manufacture, or a lack of proper safety instructions.
What is the Injury Claim Process in the State of Colorado?
In the state of Colorado, a personal injury claim must clearly show there was negligence on the part of another individual or entity. As the victim, you and your attorney must show the other party owed you a duty of care, that the duty of care was breached, that the breach caused injuries, and that the injuries resulted in damages. As an example, we all have a duty of care while driving to follow traffic rules and watch out for the safety of others.
Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident, gather evidence such as medical records, speak with witnesses, and determine your current and future damages. Your attorney will then enter into negotiations with the insurance company in an effort to secure a fair settlement. If you agree with the negotiated settlement, you should receive your check within weeks from when the settlement is agreed to.
If a settlement cannot be reached, your Colorado Springs personal injury attorney will file a personal injury lawsuit against the defendant. The jury will determine how much you are entitled to and you will receive a check for that amount within weeks.
Do I Really Need a Colorado Springs Personal Injury Attorney?
You may wonder whether you really need a personal injury attorney, or if you can handle the matter on your own. To answer that question, you have to ask yourself if you would change out the transmission in your car—or have a trained mechanic do it. Would you fill your own tooth—or have a dentist do it? The point is that it is virtually always better to have a highly experienced, highly trained personal injury attorney on board than to try and do it yourself, particularly if:
- You are injured
- There is some question as to who is liable
- You have missed work due to your injuries
- You are likely to be off work and to undergo treatments for your injuries for a significant amount of time
- The insurance company has denied your claim
- The insurance company is delaying your settlement or dodging your calls and inquiries
- The offer from the insurance company is very low
- The statutes of limitations is close
Your Colorado Springs personal injury attorney from the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya will ensure your rights and your future are protected.
How Can the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Help with Your Personal Injury Claim?
When you hire the highly experienced Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, the entire personal injury claim process immediately becomes much easier as a burden is taken from your shoulders. Attorney Dianne Sawaya and her legal team are well-respected, experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate. Dianne takes a highly personalized approach to each and every injury claim. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya do not fight for insurance companies—she fights for you and others like you. Contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya today!