Greeley Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Attorney in Greeley, CO
It can be a difficult time for those who are injured, through no fault of their own, perhaps even unable to work and make a living. While some people may characterize it as an accident, most often it could have been prevented could have been prevented if the person responsible had acted in a reasonable, responsible manner. Unfortunately, many people (and businesses) simply fail to take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of others.
Drivers may drive carelessly, failing to follow traffic laws and rules of the road, or grocery store employees may be lax about cleaning up dangerous spills. Either of these can result in a clear hazard and injuries to others. Other types of personal injuries include injuries, slip and fall injuries in any public or private area, dog or cat bites, construction site injuries, injuries due to defective or dangerous products, and injuries from dangerous prescription drugs and medical devices.
Most personal injury claims are the result of auto accidents. Driver distraction is a serious issue, along with impaired driving, reckless driving, fatigued driving, and accidents caused by excessive speed. With about six million auto accidents per year in the U.S., a full one-third of those accidents result in injuries severe enough to cause some level of permanent injury. Medical errors have also risen and are now believed to cause as many as 250,000 deaths per year, along with hundreds of thousands of injuries.
Why Choose Greeley Personal Injury Attorney Dianne Sawaya?
It can be an especially traumatic experience to end up seriously injured through no fault of your own. One moment you may be going about your normal day and in an instant your life—and possibly even your future—changes due to the negligence of another. You may now find your life revolves around medical treatments and/or rehabilitative therapies. You could see medical bills mounting alarmingly and may even be unable to return to work and pay your normal monthly expenses. At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we help people in similar situations every single day.
Understanding that you have plenty of choices when deciding on a Greeley personal injury attorney, we consistently go above and beyond for our clients. We are compassionate to your situation, understanding this is a difficult, emotional time for you and your family. The level of personal attention and commitment to your future offered by the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya is rarely seen, yet it is ingrained in the service to our clients. We hope you will consider the following when choosing a Greeley personal injury attorney:
- The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya have more than 200 positive Google reviews.
- We are smart, aggressive, and compassionate.
- We will maximize the settlement you need and deserve.
- Our consultations are always 100 percent free.
- If there is no recovery, there are no attorney fees owed.
- Not only do we help you get medical treatment you need, we get you the settlement you deserve.
When you need an experienced, knowledgeable personal injury law firm, we hope you will choose the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya.
What Are “Typical” Personal Injury Claims?
While car accidents are the major cause of personal injury claims—including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents—other common causes of personal injury claims include:
- Auto accidents happen daily in Greeley, some with serious injuries. Injured victims should consult with an attorney if they suffered an injury on due to another party’s negligence, as they may be entitled to payment for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and certain other damages.
- Wrongful death claims arise when an individual dies as the result of the negligence of another person or entity. Wrongful death claims may start out as a personal injury claim, shifting to a wrongful death claim when the person dies as a result of their injuries. A wrongful death claim can be the result of an auto accident, a dangerous drug or defective medical device, nursing home abuse or neglect, a defective product, a dangerous construction site, or a violent death caused by another.
- Premises liability claims arise when an individual is injured on another’s property due to a hazard or a danger that is apparent and that the owner or employees have had time to remedy. Property owners are required under law to keep their property safe, warning others when a hazard exists. If you have suffered an injury on another’s property due to a hazardous condition you may be entitled to payment for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and certain other damages.
- Dog bites or other animal attacks unfortunately occur more often than we would like. A dog attack could leave you with serious, even lifelong injuries. Children and the elderly are those most likely to suffer serious injury—dogs often bite children in the face because of their much shorter stature. This type of trauma can be difficult to overcome.
- Traumatic brain injuries are among the most serious injuries that can occur in an accident. When the brain is slammed forcefully between the hard skull bones, the brain can be damaged, sometimes severely. A penetrating head injury can also result in a traumatic brain injury. Serious traumatic brain injuries can cause grave cognitive difficulties as well as alterations in personality.
- Burn injuries can occur in many different ways, including explosions, car accidents, chemicals, and electrocution injuries. Burns can often lead to disfigurement and scarring, which not only causes physical injury, they can also cause significant emotional trauma. Recovering from burn injuries can be a painful, intensive process requiring multiple medical interventions, including long-term rehabilitative therapies.
- Spinal cord injuries, like traumatic brain injuries, can result in lifelong struggles for the victim. Spinal cord injuries may be the result of an automobile accident, a construction accident, medical malpractice, and more. An individual with a spinal cord injury could require years—or a lifetime—of medical procedures and rehabilitative therapies. Assistive devices may also be necessary simply to get through day-to-day life.
- Injuries in the workplace are more common than you might think. Our employers are expected to provide a safe working environment, yet not all employers adhere to accepted safety standards. When you are injured in the workplace you could face financial and physical issues that can alter the course of your life.
What Damages Can You Expect from a Greeley Personal Injury Claim?
If you have been injured through no fault of your own, you may wonder what damages you can claim for your injuries. Generally speaking, you are entitled to medical expenses related to your accident. This includes current medical expenses, along with any future medical expenses you are likely to incur when treating your injuries. If the accident caused a long-term injury or disability, your medical expenses could be substantial.
If your injuries were severe enough that you could not return to work, you may be entitled to lost wages. If you will be unable to return to work for a long time, you could be entitled to future lost wages as well. Medical expenses are just a part of your injuries. You may have physical or mental pain that can be expected to last for a very long time. Pain and suffering damages are can require an experienced attorney like Dianne Sawaya to quantify as medical expenses and lost wages because they are more subjective. Along with physical pain, PTSD, anxiety, depression, fear, grief, loss of enjoyment of life, and insomnia all fall under pain and suffering.
How Can the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Help with Your Greeley, CO Personal Injury Claim?
Being injured as a result of another’s negligence can disrupt your entire life. One moment you are going about your day, the next you are injured, facing medical expenses and time away from work. If you find yourself in such an impossible position, you need help. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya provide help like this to people just like you, every day. We understand that it can be difficult to put your life back together on your own.
Attorney Dianne Sawaya believes you deserve the time to heal from your injuries without having to deal with an insurance company that does not want to pay for your injuries. Attorney Dianne Sawaya can make a significant difference in the outcome of your personal injury claim. Dianne is compassionate, experienced, well respected—and gets positive results for her clients. Contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya today.