Click to navigate this page:Toggle
Car Accident Attorney in Thornton, Colorado
When you are involved in a car accident in Thornton, CO, your life can be altered in ways you could have never imagined. Your car accident may have occurred on the interstate, such as I-25, perhaps during your commute to or from work, or on a busy city street. No matter where your accident occurred, you can suffer from for another’s negligence for a very long time to come. One of your highest priorities—after visiting a medical professional to determine the extent of your injuries—is to speak to an experienced Thornton car accident attorney.
If your car crash left you with injuries that will require weeks or months of medical interventions and lost work, you should speak with an attorney. If your accident was so severe that you are left with catastrophic injuries that will follow you for the remainder of your life, you need an attorney that is 100 percent focused and 100 percent committed to you, your life, your family, and your future. Dianne Sawaya is that personal injury attorney. When your life has been upended due to the wrongful, negligent actions of another, Dianne will fight to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses, time away from work, and psychological trauma.
Helping the injured in Colorado for over 25 years.
Do you have a case? Get your free case review now.
When we take your case, you are our priority.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, your entire focus should be on healing—getting your life back to where it was prior to the car accident. What you shouldn’t have to do is deal with uncooperative insurance companies, worrying constantly that you will not receive the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. Insurance companies will attempt to “lowball” you if you do not have an experienced Thornton personal injury attorney by your side. You need an attorney that will fight for you. The legal team at The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya will protect your rights at every turn, allowing you to fully attend to your recovery.
Unfortunately, car accidents are a common occurrence in today’s world—approximately six million auto accidents each and every year in the United States. As many as two million of those involved in these auto accidents may experience long-term problems as a result of their car accident injuries. Those long-term problems could include chronic pain, making it difficult to enjoy life and get through each day. Mental and psychological trauma occur in many of those that have been involved in a serious auto accident. Some victims of car accidents will never recover enough to return to work, meaning they can no longer provide for themselves or their loved ones. If you feel lost and hopeless following a car accident, the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya can help.
Why Choose Thornton, CO Car Accident Attorney Dianne Sawaya?
As with most things in life, you have many choices of personal injury attorney following your Thornton car accident. Attorney Dianne Sawaya knows this, which is why she works so hard for each and every client. Our legal team will earn your trust, making you confident you chose wisely. Dianne Sawaya will ensure the insurance company honors its obligation to you.
That obligation includes paying for your medical expenses, your time away from work, your pain and suffering, and any other damages incurred from the car accident. While attorney Dianne Sawaya is a highly skilled negotiator, she is also a tough, aggressive litigator who’s firm will never hesitate to step into a courtroom on your behalf, fighting for justice. At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we:
- Have more than 200 positive Google reviews, as well as thousands of satisfied clients;
- Are smart, aggressive, compassionate, and knowledgeable
- Will always maximize the settlement you need and deserve;
- Always offer a 100 percent free consultation;
- Receive no fee if there is no recovery, and
- Will help you get the medical treatments you need and deserve.
What are the Typical Causes of Car Accidents?
Your car accident is unique in many ways. Although every car accident is different, there are also many similar circumstances. The most common factors in car accidents include the following:
- Impaired driving can lead to serious, even fatal accidents. Impairment can be caused by alcohol, marijuana, or illicit drugs, including cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine. Impairment can also be caused by prescription drugs. Although a person may have a prescription for a certain drug, their driving abilities could be impaired by the drug.
- Distracted driving is an increasing cause of car accidents in the United States. We are a multi-tasking society and while we should only concentrate on driving when behind the wheel, not every driver does. Texts are read and sent, phone conversations regularly occur, and many people eat entire meals while driving. Children are a particular distraction to driving parents. According to ABC News, one Australian study found that children are twelve times as distracting to a parent driver than talking on a cell phone while driving. In fact, the average parent takes his or her eyes from the road for three minutes and 22 seconds—during a 16-minute trip. Other types of distracted driving behaviors include daydreaming, fiddling with the car controls, including the radio and GPS, and talking to passengers. Drivers have even been known to apply makeup and read while driving.
- Fatigued driving is also moving up the charts as a primary cause of car accidents. Just as we are a nation of multi-taskers, we are also a nation of perpetually exhausted adults. Those adults routinely get behind the wheel and drive to work, take their children to school, run errands, and much more. Fatigued driving can be almost as dangerous as impaired driving if the driver has not slept for 18 hours or more.
- Speeding is a form of reckless or careless driving and the cause of many car accidents in the United States. Even driving 5-10 miles above the speed limit can result in an accident, and driving even faster can result in serious, even fatal collisions. While inclement weather can cause car accidents, often the real reason is that the driver was driving too fast for the weather and the road conditions.
- Reckless drivers are also more and more common. Drivers are impatient to get where they are going, causing them to weave in and out of traffic, cut other drivers off, tailgate, pass in unsafe areas, and many other unsafe driving behaviors.
What is the Most Common Injury Resulting from a Car Accident?
One of the most common injuries stemming from car accidents is whiplash. Although whiplash is more common in a rear-end accident, it can occur in any type of car accident. It is extremely unfortunate that many people fail to understand the seriousness of whiplash injuries, with many believing it is not a “real” injury. Whiplash is a very real soft-tissue injury that occurs when the head is moved backward, then forward with great force, causing the muscles and ligaments in the neck to extend beyond their normal range. In some cases, whiplash injuries can take several days, even a week for the symptoms to appear. Whiplash injuries can range from relatively minor to severe. Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck pain
- Neck stiffness
- Chronic, sometimes severe headaches, often at the base of the skull
- Blurry vision
- Chronic fatigue
- Ringing in the ears
- Memory issues
- Irritability, anxiety, depression
Whiplash is diagnosed after a discussion with your doctor via a CT scan or MRI, along with your answers to your doctor’s questions regarding your symptoms.
How Long Will It Take to Receive a Settlement for My Car Accident Claim?
You may be entitled to receive damages in the form of medical expenses (current and future), lost wages (current and future), pain and suffering, and certain other damages, depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding your accident. You may wonder how long it could take to receive payment after your claim is filed. If your Thornton personal injury attorney is able to negotiate a settlement, once the settlement has been accepted, you will receive your check within weeks. If your case goes to trial, once the jury has determined the amount of your award, it could also take about six weeks before you receive your money. Your attorney will discuss whether you want a lump sum or a structured settlement amount where you receive a monthly or yearly amount. You will make that decision, and, once made, cannot be undone.
How Can the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Help with Your Thornton, CO Car Accident Claim?
When you hire the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya following your car accident, the experienced legal team will work hard to ensure you receive justice for your injuries, pain and suffering. We will guide you through the maze of information, explaining the process in an easy- to-understand manner. Attorney Dianne Sawaya will be the strong advocate in your corner that you need and deserve, ensuring your rights are protected and fighting hard for your future.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya make knowledgeable decisions on your behalf, based on you and your unique situation. Dianne is highly familiar with the medical treatments necessary following a car accident; to ensure you receive the best care possible, she can communicate with your medical providers while fighting for a fair settlement. We want to ensure you and your family can move forward in the best way possible after receiving a fair settlement.
We show you the same care and attention we would give to our own loved ones. Contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya today.