Loveland Car Accident Attorney
Car Accident Attorney in Loveland, CO
If you have been involved in a car accident in Loveland, you may be left injured, unable to work, and unsure of what to do or where to turn. Should you find yourself in this position, it can benefit you greatly to contact a Loveland, CO car accident attorney. Car accidents are all too common in today’s world.
As of 2021, there are approximately 289.5 million registered vehicles in the United States. According to driverknowledge.com, there are approximately six million auto accidents every year. About three million of those result in injuries and about two million of those injured will experience long-term problems from their injuries.
Attorney Dianne Sawaya is a Loveland, CO car accident attorney that can help you through this difficult time in the best way possible. Dianne and her legal team will work tirelessly to ensure you receive a fair settlement for your injuries and other damages. Dianne Sawaya understands that a car accident can change your life in an instant—and, in some cases, forever.
You are entitled to compensation for your physical and emotional injuries, as well as the damage to your vehicle and certain other damages. Insurance companies are usually less interested in your future than in their financial bottom line. Having a strong attorney like Dianne Sawaya by your side can make a huge difference in the outcome of your car accident claim.
Why Choose Loveland, CO Car Accident Attorney Dianne Sawaya?
At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we understand that you have choices when you decide to hire a car accident attorney. Because you have choices, we work extra hard to ensure we are the best choice for you and for your future.
Attorney Dianne Sawaya works with the insurance company to ensure it honors the obligation to you—to pay for your injuries, your time away from work, your pain and suffering, and more. Dianne is both a highly skilled negotiator as well as a tough litigator who will never hesitate to litigate your case in front of a judge and jury.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya is smart, aggressive, compassionate, and knowledgeable. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya:
- Has more than 180 positive Google reviews, as well as thousands of satisfied clients;
- Will always maximize the settlement you need and deserve;
- Always offers a 100% free consultation;
- Receives no fee if there is no recovery, and
- Will help you get the medical treatment you need.
What are the Typical Causes of Car Accidents?
There are many different factors in car accidents. While your car accident will be unique in many ways, it was likely caused by one or more of the following factors:
- Distracted driving has moved quickly up the list over the past decade and is likely now one of the top causes of car accidents. Americans are multi-taskers and those behaviors tend to carry over into driving. When you are driving you should only be driving, yet many of us talk on the phone, text, eat entire meals, daydream, turn around to see what the children are doing, fiddle with the car controls, including the radio and GPS, talk to passengers, or watch what’s going on by the side of the road. Distracted driving is dangerous—and can be deadly.
- Fatigued driving is also becoming more and more common. As a nation, our sleep habits have steadily declined, with many of us going through our days exhausted from lack of sleep. Driving while overly fatigued can be just as dangerous as driving while impaired in some cases, causing the driver to have slower than normal reflexes.
- Impaired driving occurs when a driver has been drinking alcohol or has used illicit or prescription drugs that inhibit his or her responses.
- Speeding is a particularly dangerous driving habit that can be a factor in many car accidents—the faster you drive, the slower your reaction time.
- Reckless driving behaviors include weaving in and out of traffic, cutting other drivers off, tailgating, passing on a double yellow line, and other dangerous behaviors.
- Inclement weather can create slick roadways, causing cars to slip and slide. If you are stuck in a rainstorm, ice, snow, or high winds, your chances of being involved in a car accident increase exponentially.
What is the Most Common Injury Resulting from Car Accidents?
Car accidents on highly traveled streets in Loveland like 1st street and North Garfield Avenue can cause many different injuries. Perhaps the most common injury stemming from a car accident (usually a rear-end car accident) is whiplash. Unfortunately, many people believe whiplash is not a real injury, rather is used by those who want to collect an insurance settlement even though they were not injured.
This is far from the truth. Whiplash is a soft-tissue injury that occurs when an individual’s head moves backward, then forward, with great force, extending the muscles and ligaments in your neck beyond their typical range of motion. Whiplash injuries may not manifest immediately following the car accident, rather it can take several days, even a week for the symptoms to appear.
Whiplash is considered relatively minor, but the side effects and symptoms can be severe and can last a very long time. Symptoms of whiplash include neck pain and stiffness, headaches (particularly at the base of the skull), chronic fatigue, blurry vision, vertigo, difficulty concentrating, memory issues, insomnia, irritability, and ringing in the ears. CT scans or an MRI allow your doctor to assess damage or inflammation in the soft tissues, spinal cord, or nerves.
Other common injuries resulting from a Loveland, CO car accident include bruises and contusions, fractured bones, crush injuries, burns, neck and back injuries, knee injuries from the knees forcefully hitting the dash, internal organ damage, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord injuries, sometimes causing paraplegia or quadriplegia.
What are the Potential Damages in a Loveland, CO Car Accident Claim?
The damages you can claim following a Loveland, CO car accident will depend on the severity of your injuries, as well as the circumstances surrounding your accident. In general, the following damages may be available to you:
- You are entitled to reimbursement for medical expenses that have been paid or are owed as well as future medical expenses that can reasonably be expected. These medical expenses include:
- Ambulance expenses
- Emergency room expenses
- Physical and cognitive therapy
- Physician expenses
- Necessary medical items like crutches, wheelchairs, etc.
- Prescription medications
- In-home health services
- Pain and suffering damages are available for mental or physical pain and/or distress. Pain and suffering can include actual physical pain, as well as emotional damage stemming from the incident like depression, anxiety, stress, insomnia, and more. If your injuries include disfigurement or a permanent disability, you may be entitled to compensation for those as well.
- Lost wages are available when your injuries caused you to be unable to work for a few days or a few weeks. If your injury is so severe that you will not be able to work for months, years, or forever, you may be entitled to future lost wages as well.
- If your injuries have deprived you of the ability to show affection to your spouse, he or she may be entitled to loss of consortium damages. This type of damages can only be recovered when you recover damages for your injuries.
- You are also entitled to monetary compensation for the damages to your vehicle.
How Long Will It Take for My Settlement Check?
If your attorney reaches a settlement with the insurance company, and you approve the settlement amount, you can expect a check from one to six weeks from the time of the settlement. If your car accident claim goes to a trial, then once the judge or jury reaches a decision, you can expect your settlement within weeks of settlement. Your settlement may be in the form of a lump sum or could be a structured settlement.
Why Do I Need a Loveland, CO Car Accident Attorney?
If you should find yourself injured following a car accident, wondering whether you should hire a Loveland, CO car accident attorney, it is important to know that:
- Your car accident attorney will ensure you receive compensation if you lead a compromised life as a result of the negligence of another.
- The overarching goal of your car accident attorney is to guide you through the maze of information and necessary actions following your accident.
- Personal injury claims are often much more complex than property claims, therefore, having a strong advocate by your side is crucial.
- Your Loveland, CO car accident attorney will ensure your rights are protected at every turn, constantly fighting for you and your future.
How Can the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Help with Your Loveland, CO Car Accident Claim?
Attorney Dianne Sawaya and her highly experienced legal team will make educated, compassionate decisions for you and your unique situation. We are very familiar with medical treatments necessary after a car accident and are able to communicate with your medical providers (for example, at Medical Center of the Rockies, or any other provider) to ensure you receive the best care possible. Attorney Dianne Sawaya uses her extensive knowledge to explore every option on your behalf, always ensuring you fully understand the claim process.
We want you and your family to be able to move forward in the best way possible. The only way you can do this is to receive an equitable settlement that pays for the expenses you have incurred as a result of your Loveland, CO car accident. Dianne and her team understand this is an emotional time for you as you deal with the aftermath of your car accident. We show you the same care and attention we would give to our own loved ones. Contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya today, we’re available 24/7 for you and have offices in Loveland and Denver.