Dog Bite Attorney Serving Aurora, CO
If you’ve been bitten by a dog in Aurora, Colorado, the physical and emotional pain can be overwhelming. You may feel confused and unsure of your rights. At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we understand the challenges you face and are here to help. As a top-rated dog bite attorney, we have the experience and expertise to help you secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Helping the injured in Colorado for over 25 years.
Do you have a case? Get your free case review now.
When we take your case, you are our priority.
Why You Need a Dog Bite Attorney
Dog attacks can result in severe injuries, long-term trauma, and significant financial burden. A skilled Aurora dog bite attorney can navigate the complex legal process to ensure you receive the compensation you need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We will help you get the medical treatments you need and deserve, and work tirelessly through negotiations and litigation to secure the settlement you are entitled to receive.
Common Injuries from Dog Attacks
Dog bites can result in various injuries, some of which may be severe and have long-lasting consequences. Understanding the types of injuries that can occur is crucial when seeking compensation for your damages. The following are common injuries sustained from dog attacks:
- Puncture wounds: These injuries occur when a dog’s teeth penetrate the skin, often causing deep and painful wounds. Puncture wounds can lead to complications such as infection, tissue damage, and even damage to underlying bones or organs.
- Lacerations and abrasions: Dog bites can cause severe cuts and scrapes, which may require stitches or other medical treatment. In addition to being painful, these injuries can leave permanent scars and may take a long time to heal.
- Fractures and dislocations: The force of a dog’s bite or the struggle during an attack can lead to broken or dislocated bones. These injuries can be extremely painful and may require surgery, casting, or other medical intervention to heal properly.
- Infections: Dog bites can introduce bacteria into the body, leading to infections such as cellulitis, abscesses, or even life-threatening conditions like sepsis. Proper medical treatment and antibiotics are essential to prevent infections from worsening.
- Nerve damage: A dog’s powerful jaws can cause significant nerve damage when they bite down on a person’s limbs or other body parts. This damage can result in chronic pain, loss of sensation, or even paralysis in severe cases.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Dog bite injuries can leave lasting scars or disfigurement, which can impact a victim’s self-esteem and quality of life. In some cases, reconstructive surgery may be necessary to minimize the appearance of scars or restore function to damaged areas.
- Emotional trauma: The psychological impact of a dog attack should not be underestimated. Victims may experience fear, anxiety, depression, or even PTSD. This emotional trauma can be just as debilitating as physical injuries and may require therapy or counseling to overcome.
Understanding the severity and range of injuries that can result from dog attacks is essential when seeking compensation. An experienced Aurora dog bite attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you receive the compensation you need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Holding Dog Owners Accountable
Colorado law holds dog owners responsible for the actions of their pets. If a dog bites and injures someone, the owner may be held liable for damages. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering that the victim has endured. Our firm is dedicated to holding dog owners accountable and ensuring that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
By pursuing legal action against negligent dog owners, we not only help our clients recover the damages they deserve but also promote responsible pet ownership and prevent future attacks. Trust our experienced Aurora dog bite attorneys to guide you through the legal process and fight for the justice you deserve.
Common Questions About Dog Bite Injuries
How much is my dog bite case worth?
The value of a dog bite case depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced Aurora dog bite attorney can assess your case and give you an estimate of its value.
What if the dog owner claims that I provoked the attack?
In Colorado, if the dog owner can prove that you provoked the attack, they may not be held liable for your injuries. However, an experienced attorney can help you gather evidence and build a strong case to refute such claims.
Are there any time limits for filing a dog bite injury claim?
Yes, there are time limits, known as statutes of limitations, for filing a dog bite injury claim in Colorado. Typically, you have two years from the date of the attack to file a claim. However, certain circumstances may extend or shorten this deadline, so it is essential to consult with an experienced dog bite attorney as soon as possible.
What if the owner doesn’t have insurance or assets to cover my damages?
If the dog owner doesn’t have insurance or assets to cover your damages, your attorney can help explore alternative sources of compensation, such as homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies. Additionally, if the dog owner is found to be negligent, they may still be held personally responsible for your damages, and a court may require them to pay over time through a payment plan.
Can I still pursue a claim if my injuries are relatively minor?
Yes, even if your injuries are considered minor, you may still be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced Aurora dog bite attorney can evaluate your case and determine the best course of action to pursue fair compensation.
Contact The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Now
At the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, we pride ourselves on our compassionate approach to clients while aggressively seeking full compensation for their injuries. With more than 200 positive Google reviews, you can trust our expertise in handling dog bite cases. Your initial consultation is 100% free, and you owe us nothing if we are unable to reach a settlement on your behalf. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to discuss your case with a leading dog bite attorney in Colorado.