Dianne Sawaya was born and raised in the great city of Denver, Colorado, which makes helping the people of Denver that much more special. She attended University of Colorado in Boulder where she was a pre-medicine student and received her Bachelor of Arts. Her pre-medicine undergraduate studies help her to understand what her personal injury clients are truly coping with. It allows her to communicate with doctors and medical professionals, as well as explain complicated medicinal issues to people.
She first knew she wanted to be a lawyer when she read that iconic Family Circus cartoon. It says, “When I grow up, I don’t want to be a lady–I want to be a lawyer.” And that is exactly what she did! While the cartoon inspired her as a child, it was her advocacy skills and drive to help the people of Denver that led her to law school, where she received her Juris Doctor from the University of Denver College of Law. While attending law school, she also worked as a law clerk at the Denver District Court.Dianne Sawaya’s desire to bring a more personal, compassionate approach as a Denver personal injury lawyer led her to found The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya. After all, they call it “personal injury” for a reason – you’re injured, and it’s personal.
She is so incredibly passionate about taking everything her team–attorneys, paralegals, etc.– has to offer and finding the best outcome for her clients. She truly values the trust her clients place in her and the moments when she is able to give them the relief they’ve been searching for. Her belief in personal attention and providing services tailored for each client who has been seriously injured has led her to become the most visible female personal injury lawyer in Denver. She devotes her law practice to victims of car accidents, truck accidents, those injured on the job, and those who have been harmed by the negligence or carelessness of others.
Dianne is licensed to practice law in Colorado and the District of Columbia. Dianne Sawaya has practiced law for over 30 years, and has devoted 20 of those years to achieving personal injury settlements for accident victims. She practices law in Colorado District Courts, U.S. District Courts in Colorado and Washington, D.C., and U.S. Courts of Appeals in Colorado and Washington, D.C.
Her legal career has even extended to the halls of Congress and a wide range of state legislatures, and she has served as an elected representative in Washington, D.C.
Dianne consistently cheers on the Denver teams–go Broncos, Nuggets, and Avs! In general, she still loves exploring everything Denver has to offer–this is Dianne’s city. There is a great Lebanese restaurant with an unmistakable ambience that she frequents, and will eat Italian every day of the week if she can. She strives to shop and eat local, always trying to invest in the Denver community.
To relax and unwind, she’ll watch her favorite television shows–Andy of Mayberry and Anthony Bordain. Dianne couldn’t tell you how many times she’s seen her favorite films–Seabiscuit and Rocky.
Areas of Practice:
- Car Accidents
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Construction Accidents
- Burns, Explosions & Electrocutions
- Workers’ Compensation
- 20% of practice devoted to litigation
- Colorado, 1981
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1988
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, 1980. J.D.
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 1976. B.A. Major: Pre-Medicine
- The American University, Beirut, Lebanon, 1974
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Vice-Chair, Administrative Law Subcommittee on Women and Minority Participation, 1989-1990)
- District of Columbia Bar Association District of Columbia Advisory Commission (Commissioner 1988-1993)
- PILMMA – Platinum Member
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocated Forum
- JC Penney Corp., Staff Attorney
- National Housewares Manufacturers Assn., Consulting Attorney
- Sawaya, Rose & Sawaya, P.C., Partner
- The Role of Local Government in Mineral Development.” Co-Author, Proceedings: 28th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Journal.
I am very happy I chose Dianne Sawaya to represent me and I do not hesitate to recommend her to friends and family. Dianne was brilliant at the mediation phase of my case. I was amazed at her knowledge of the law and her staff members are equally gifted and dedicated to the cases they handle.
- Carol W.